Browse jobs by
Type / role
Company / recruiter
Recruiter sign in
Within 5 miles
Within 10 miles
Within 15 miles
Within 20 miles
Within 25 miles
Within 30 miles
Green Energy Field Engineer
Add to shortlist
Green Energy Field Engineer (220jc) - Cambridgeshire - circa £30-40k
My client who are a leading Green Energy solutions provider is currently seeking an additional field engineer to be based in the Cambridgeshire region,
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
You will be reporting to the Team Leader and Manager and your role will be to:
Assist in the development & growth of my client by supporting the development of the Operations & Maintenance offering of the company. By delivering all O&M activity within budget and resource guidelines.
To support in the management of the maintenance of sites.
1. By ensuring & carrying out preventative maintenance is carried out in accordance with contract. By responding to alerts from security and output/performance monitoring services on a timely basis, investigating and designing solutions.
2. By carrying out remedial and corrective maintenance where necessary and providing appropriate training to Sub Contractors to ensure they have the necessary skills to carry out the works.
3. Assess the need for spare parts and equipment replacements, report safety hazards and evaluate alternatives.
4. By ensuring all parts and equipment required are ordered from suppliers in a timely manner, following corporate processes and within budget.
5. Analyse system failures and ensure all technologies are correctly optimised at each plant Investigate performance related issues, optimise yields, and diagnose system faults.
6. Assist in the development of an O&M technical database.
To provide periodic reporting
1. By maintaining contact with customers and providing reporting as agreed in the contract when required.
2. By reporting progress on all current contracts and incidents when required.
To offer after sales support
1. By managing the warranty period on EPC contracts, making sure all rectifications are carried out to ensure final payment of all invoices.
2. By processing orders for spare parts and replacements when required.
3. By assisting with requests for further technical information and warranty details.
4. By knowing the contracts and supporting on all needed topics to fulfil them.
To ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation
1. By ensuring all work carried out on site complies with current legislation, adhere to Company policy, and respect the safety and welfare of company employees, subcontractors, and the general public.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following qualifications skills and competencies.
Commercial awareness: the ability to make sound business judgments on the spot , awareness of small business needs and how to develop the business Knowledge of asset safety case & maintenance regulations. Strong analytical, planning & organisational skills.
Excellent communication skills: written and oral; face to face and telephone. Being results and target driven.
Customer Service Excellence: To listen to customer needs and respond accordingly. Advanced Excel (data manipulation) and Word skills.
Administrative Skills: Completer/finisher; Continuous Improvement: Implement and set up new systems.
Ability to prioritise in continually changing environment and to multi-task.
Education to HNC / ONC or equivalent in an engineering electrical engineering discipline. Preference for HV or AP qualified as well as NVQ or SB7671 or similar qualifications.
This role would suit someone coming from an electrical background who is seeking their first step into the Green Energy sector as you will be working initially on the Solar Energy side of things but will be moving across to the Wind Energy side as well as well as getting involved in the comms sector as this is also an issue in this field.
In return, they are offering an excellent starting salary, between £30 - 40k, the more qualifications and experience you have, the higher starting salary, as well as overtime for on-call hours at weekends and Bank Holidays.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (phone number removed)